Enchantée

My photo
Nudists are weird. lisafwf@gmail.com
Follow Food, Water, Fashion

Sunday, April 24, 2011

TFI New Labels Fashion Show or Essay Writing?

Last week, when I should have been studying for exams and/or working to make some much needed moula, I hopped on a bus to the Big Smoke to take in some truly inspirational and up-and-coming fashion talent. Whoops.

Fresh from the artistic overload that was Toronto Fashion Week, I needed a second dose, so I volunteered for the Toronto Fashion Incubator's annual New Label's Fashion Show. It is a competition for budding new fashion designers to showcase their work and compete for a grand prize of $40,000, including $10,000 cash, their own feature in Flare Magazine and the chance to design an outfit for Sears. 

My favourite line of the night was Narces, whose elegant/flirty/edgy cocktail dresses induced some definite temptation for bank-breaking purchases. However, the victor was Ashtiani with her precisely cut frocks in a  softly-coloured palette which exuded high quality.

In the end, I got prime seating, a bunch of free garb, and was witness to some very cool creativity. Ain't nothin' better. 





Seriously professional volunteers.....just hangin'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, suga...