Enchantée

My photo
Nudists are weird. lisafwf@gmail.com
Follow Food, Water, Fashion

Thursday, May 19, 2011

A,B,C,D.I.Y.

That's not how the alphabet goes! Well ya, I know that, and I have a super serious bachelor's degree to prove that I know that........and other things...... 

I'm just trying to be creative here my friends. Because my D.I.Y. project of the morning was spurred on by a little flash of creativity that turned into hella creativity! So best to just keep a good thing going, right?

Well I started out wanting to make a fur headband out of my friend's discarded glove that she left at my place after the loss of its twin, its ami, its compadre. It was a sad little glove, staring at me for months in its forlorn loneliness. I knew something had to be done.

So today I said, "Hey glove, TODAY IS YOUR DAY!" I got out my seam-rippers, some thread, some leather rope, and I ripped it apart! 



And then I hand-sewed the rope onto the ends of the fur.



And then, I tried it on and I realized it could be a necklace too!



AND THEN, I realized it could be an arm cuff!


Lonely glove, no more! Hey, I'm just trying to make the world a better place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, suga...