Enchantée

My photo
Nudists are weird. lisafwf@gmail.com
Follow Food, Water, Fashion

Friday, July 22, 2011

Kevin Costner is my muse



Harking back to the good o'l days when movies on my viewing roster included The Sandlot, The Swiss Family Robinson,  and Thoroughly Modern Millie, the lessons I learned as a young gamine from library movie rentals have stuck with me as a recovering adolescent and apparent adult and will now proceed to critically inform my future success in the fashion world, guiding me through major decisions such as, what shoes should I buy next?! I KNOW, these are pivotal choices!

So where do I turn at such urgently decisive moments? Somewhere, buried deep in my unconsciousness, the voices in Kevin Costner's head from Field of Dreams echo throughout me, whispering, "If you build it, they will come."

So now I gotta BUILD something to satisfy my shoe fetish? No way, Jose, Alberto, Alejandro and Miguel. Instead, I've decided to put a lil' Lisa-twist on these wise words, committing to running 3 times a week for 4 weeks and upon successful completion of this here goal, I shall reward myself with these suckas...


Now, some of you Negative Nancy's may find such an ambition laughable. That is until you consider that I hate, despise and thoroughly loathe running other than to escape a rapidly approaching forest fire or to experience a highly-anticipated instance of bladder relief.

I'm almost through with week 1. And because my mommy taught me better, I will never lie to you or to myself if I miss a run. Hey, it may not be a baseball diamond full of deceased players, but I'm gonna build a better bod and a vastly improved-upon shoe collection. Let's get sweaty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, suga...